Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Cosina cameras

  1. #11
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Super-8mm:
    I can hear Technicolour breathe a sigh of relief.
    Does that mean that the Cosina Cameras that need the exposure battery that cannot be found are unuseable?

    Will the manual exposure work, or I think you said it wouldn't work either in manual or auto mode.

    Maybe someone will suggest a workaround.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Both of my Cosinas had the same problem: the manual exposure meter didn't work either without internal exposure meter battery (7610 camera was like new and in mint condition). For me they were totally unuseable. That was a pity, they were cheap (7410 costed me about 10 USD and 7610 about 20 USD, anyway I got 45 USD of 7410 and 60 USD of 7610 when I sold them! [img]wink.gif[/img] ) and nice looking cameras with great lenses and great features.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the great responses jukkasil. How come some Cosina's are called Argus/Cosina?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Super-8mm:
    Thanks for the great responses jukkasil. How come some Cosina's are called Argus/Cosina?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Probably cause basically Cosina was (is) the lens producer and Argus made some parts (body? I'm not sure) for Cosina's super 8 cameras.

    Also some Chinon, Braun (not Braun Nizo, that other Braun), Carena etc. cameras has lenses made by Cosina and even sold Cosina's super 8 models with their own name (like Braun and Carena did).

    Cosina is still making lenses for 35 mm photo cameras.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member technicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2001
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If only id seen these posts sooner and I would have been able to help!

    There is no seperate exposure meter battery, the whole camera is run off 6 AA batterys in the pistol grip. I've heard about cameras that take a seperate battery for the meter, I think its called a Px625 cell and they are quite rare.

    If the guy hadnt got batterys in it and I hadnt seen it working, rest assured I wouldnt of bought it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by technicolour:


    If the guy hadnt got batterys in it and I hadnt seen it working, rest assured I wouldnt of bought it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I was wondering if it's possible to buy a Super-8 camera that could have a battery in it that cannot be replaced once that battery goes dead, but currently the battery in the camera still works.

    I was also trying to learn how long such a battery that cannot be replaced might actually last to see if this type of battery "ticking time-bomb" might be an issue for some Super-8 cameras.

  6. #16
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Technicolour, how did you find the Cosina Super-8 camera that you purchased?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member technicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2001
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found it in a local classified adverts newspaper that we have in southern England called "the friday-ad". Its for private advertisers/general public to sell things. You often see cine and super 8 gear in the photography section.

    The guy I brought the camera from was a bit of an enthusiast himself, he had a rather nice Nizo S80 [img]biggrin.gif[/img] (not for sale [img]frown.gif[/img] ) and an Eumig 16 mm camera among other bits and peices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •